Not just ‘badly integrated’: An ethnography of Pakistani Muslim Women in East London – Asra Zaidi

Asra Zaidi, a Pakistani who got in contact with me to share her story on my Instagram, had sent me her dissertation about, 1st generation of Pakistani Women immigrating to Britain. I was skeptical about reading something that is kind of similar to my project however Asra’s is based on the first generation of Pakistani women.

After reading her dissertation on Pakistani women immigrating to Britain, learning about her struggles, freedom, lack of English language, Working and Social Life, the confidence. I felt like I could relate a lot with how my mother had spent her life migrating to Britain because of her husband and changing her whole lifestyle. I have also highlighted some key points that are facts, articles, newspapers, opinions, method methodology, and experimenting. It is great to see more Pakistani women being able to talk about how their parents or grandparents have migrated to the UK and how difficult it was adapting to the British lifestyle.

Asra will soon be on my Platform to share her story and thoughts of her dissertation.